Friday, September 23, 2011

Fat Cat Scrappin'

Completed my project with the September kit today, created an off the page altered book. I used a proof wedding photo and the pretty floral paper rolled into nice little flowers. Should have taken a photo, but it will have to wait until after I get it back from the shop. Being a smaller project I took advantage of the opportunity and used a piece of doily, a little scrap of picket fence from Scrapware and added some twine that I cut too short for another project. These extra elements added a little more texture and dimension, and allowed me to hide the components of the kit that I wasn't too fond of. Leesa, when are you going to let us use only SOME of the kit?

Last month I was fortunate enough to participate in the Graphic 45 steam punk class with Candy. I loved the mini book we created and now know what to do with these beautiful papers! I always felt quite intimidated by them,with so much detail I never really knew where to start, but I'm practising the techniques Candy taught us and am working on a travel album in a similar style for our break later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share the love and leave a comment...