Thursday, May 3, 2012

Let's get shabby challenge #34

This month the challenge is:
Create a Shabby Project with a repeated geometrical shape pattern that is very visable  
 (so we dont have to go looking for it)

lol


Can you see all of my rectangles?
I used lots of layers of my favorite Fancy Pants 'its the little things' paper range, distressed and inked the edges and hand stitched them so they would look a bit like a patchwork.  It took so much longer than I anticipated and I had to constantly resist the urge to stitch neatly. I really wanted that cosy, homemade quilt feeling and don't think I could have achieved that with my sewing machine.
The photos are from when my little girl was a kinder kid and the journaling relates to some of the funny little things she used to say. She has grown some and her hair isn't as red now but the funny things keep coming out of her mouth, so a similar layout may be called for in the very near future.

Grab yourself a cuppa and be sure to check out the gorgeous Let's get Shabby DT samples and take the time to visit the other entrants blogs, its truly amazing just how much talent is floating about in cyberspace right now!

Thanks for looking - if you like it leave some love and I'll return the favor
 xxx

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so mch for leaving me a lovely comment Felicity.. Have loved looking at your lovely blog. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Felicity! She was/still is such a cutie! I see you are still using the Fancy Pants papers, have you got much left?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Felicity, thanks so much for dropping by my blog and leaving me your lovely comment, your page looks great especially loving the way you have stitched and distressed all the edges. If you are looking for some new challenges we would love for you to drop by Colorful Creations, we are having a sketch-a-thon for this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is so shabbylicious!
    thanks for ur visit!
    hugs from Moldova!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and sweet page, and yes the rectangles are very obvious. I love all your stitching that you've done on this . Thanks for playing along at Lets Get Shabby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the layers, and that cute picture!
    Wish you a great week :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very cute, I love your sweet page, thanks for playing at shabby with us

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely. Love the rectangles and the colour palate is gorgeous too! Thanks for playing along with Shabby

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a sweet page. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh such a beautiful layout, Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layout is so beautiful and the page is full of your love!!!Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share the love and leave a comment...