Wednesday, October 26, 2011

123 Challenge for October

I'm always up for a challenge, and this one was no different. The requirements were to use leather and or suede/lace, gold and the word YOU.

Handmade for you


I have always loved to make clothes for my children, but until now I don't think I've ever documented it. I particularly like to sew using vintage patterns, and this one has come from my mum's collection. Dated 1979 I'd say it was originally made for me - gotta love that!

 
I used leather to add petals to my Graphic 45 Staples flower. Lace was used as a trim on the layout, and is incorporated in the beautiful Prima Say-it-in-crystals. Gold paint was used on my photo frame, and Pearl-ex paint (much like twinkling H2os) was used randomly on the layout. Notably I have used it to add shade and shine to my larger dress form, and to highlight my journalling.

If you haven't checked out this challenge you should.
Go to http://ourbrightstarsandus.typepad.com/123challenge/ Not only is there a great challenge each month, but you can get some great ideas and step by step tutorials from the DT, this month Lou Nelson shares her simple brilliance with us all.

Due to popular demand (hm, hm, that is code for nagging from my husband lol) here are my recent prizes from this years' Royal Melbourne Agricultural Show.


In the scrapbooking off the page category I was fortunate enough to win first, second and third places and take out the Best Scrapbooking exhibit prize. In the family and friends category I won second place and received a highly commended.
I must also congratulate the lovely Jean Ryan, one of my Fat Cat Scrappin' friends, for her success at the show - well done!

Ooooo - and only 6 more sleeps until the Prima Roadshow arrives in Warragul. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share the love and leave a comment...