Saturday, January 21, 2012

Scrapbooking Memories Masters Honorable Mention

I was fortunate enough to get an honorable mention in this years' Scrapbooking Memories Masters, but the layout they chose was my least favorite of those that I submitted. 

So here is my entry and the inspiration behind it:


The first task was to use the sketch provided. I had to adapt the sketch to suit my ideas, but even with some jiggling it used many more photos than I normally would. 
I tried to keep the layout clean and simple, so as to not detract from my lovely new car. The buttons kinda accented the wheels and the idea of motion and lots of machine stitching added some additional dimension. 
The result? A layout design I never would have tried before but am really glad I did. Without doubt this is my families favorite page I completed for the challenge.



The second task was to complete a single page layout, of any size or theme, ensuring you included a 5"x7" photo.
This layout was more my style, using a photo that I loved the moment I took it, you know, when your lens just captures the essence of someone? 
Lots of distressing and natural elements made this an easy project to complete, with raffia, hessian, skeleton leaves, buttons and ribbon. No wonder all of my albums are so lumpy and bumpy! 
The journalling reads " Drover... he's our little man on the land."



The third task was to create a layout with hidden journalling or memorobilia. I had so much trouble completing this project, I think I started 3 times before I was happy with the direction this page took. It is still my least favorite of the entries and was thrown together without much regard for the finished product.  
I loved the paper range and have used it many times (Fancy Pants) and thought the idea of little flaps revealing what makes me happiest could work.  I still love this cuttlebug butterfly die and love the idea of tactile elements, so used some acetate to make them fly.
So, I am happiest in your arms Scott, today, tomorrow and always! xx


The last task to complete was to create a double page layout using the color palette provided. I think I like this entry the most. I loved the colors, the Scrapware chipboard is awesome and I added a little texture with some buttons, sandpaper, quilling and felt die-cuts.  
Summer screams fun in the backyard at our house, and I wanted to create something that my kids will look back on and remember good times, and just how happy their smiling faces made me feel.



"These are the smiling faces I see when I look through my lens"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share the love and leave a comment...