Monday, June 11, 2012

SUYS June Group 1 Challenge

project: birdfeeder


I have drawn my color palette from the inspiration image, and created a little birdie of my own from Fimo. 

Paint and glimmermist were used to create my background, along with some building themed patterned papers. I stamped my birdcage and feeder onto clear acrylic and glimmermisted a feather to match.

This project was a major component of  a Cub Scout badge Connor was working towards during first term, Handcraft Level 2.  I supervised and make sure he kept all 8 fingers and 2 thumbs while using hand and power tools, and hesweated like a little trouper to get it complete.

The result: a fantastic birdfeeder that hangs in our Silver Birch, welcoming a large assortment of native birds to stop by our place for a little snack.




And of course I have to credit the insipiration for the layout to this little guy and the brilliant minds at
Show us your stuff


Just how cute is this little handmade birdie from Ashley at secretholiday!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Felicity what a great lo! I love your background and the photo's perfect for this challenge great job! thanks for joining in at SUYS! cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Felicity!!! Just love your little birdy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birdie is adorable! Great painted background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felicity this is gorgeous. I love the background you created and you always make the sweetest fimo creations!

    Thanks for playing at SUYS x

    ReplyDelete

Please share the love and leave a comment...